From: r...@edsonintl.com
To: davidrisc...@msn.com
Subject: RE: Stus-List C&C 38 mk1 vs mk2
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 08:24:58 -0400

I can’t figure out what 38 Mark 1 and Mark 2 are  . . . . I’m getting old you
know  , . . . and I don’t have Jim’s e-mail address  . . . The comments he
makes don’t fit my impression of the two 38’s that I’m thinking of . . . To me
the Mark one was an IOR One Ton hull made into a racer cruiser . . . The Mark
Two was the first design I did entirely on the computer and it is/was wildly
different from the Mark One, and it is the widest boat (for its’ size) that I
ever did, so the comments don’t fit . . .  The beam on Mark1 is 12.16 and the
Mark 2 is 12.79 . . . So, there must be two versions of the original 38, that
I’m forgetting, and a change of rudder and ballast is a realistic possibility –
but the beam would be the same on both, and for sure the two keels cannot be
that different.  I show the ballast as being 5980 lb. for the Mark 1 . . . So –
I’d like more details . . . . I am quite sure we did not build even a hundred
of what I think of as the mark 2  . . . .  Cheers, Rob Ball
Chief Design EngineerEdson International
Tel 508-995-9711
Fax 508-995-5021