From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Jimmy Kelly
via CnC-List
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2014 4:00 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List gas exposions marine engines

one nearby boat gas fuel explosion....you realize  the real danger....early in
my sailing ownerships...had experience leaking gas fuel dripping on water
jacked muffler ..noticed when engine shutdown to begin distance race,,fuel
smell,,it didnt take long for a crew of 11 to get pails..riggers buckets
,etc,and drown whole engine and hot muffler...auto pumps activated  &water
&fuel pumped overboard..left gas spill on water which SAR was happy to clean
up...reason for event discovered later  fuel tank float  rubbed bottom of tank
until wore hole in tank bottom...crew really had it together...one half did
engine drowning..other half..hung over bow to encourage fwd pumps to engage
..REALLY LUCKY..FUME DETECTER ALSO DEFECTIVE........had manya4s after that with
quality fail safe fume detecters...now a hign torque diesel user