I just switched  from a fixed 2 blade and went to a wide blade folding and am
very happy.  It is up to a knot faster sailing but some them,  the market
specifically tend to have very poor reverse performance  to stay the least.
You certainly  can buy my old fixed at a good price  if you want it.  Watch the
statement said come out on this both ways

CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> </div><div>Date:07/08/2014  8:07 AM
folding prop </div><div>
quite a few posts about the folding clamshell props. I have one on my boat. I
have no experience with them. It is sitting on the hard and this is my last
chance to replace it before I launch (hopefully) next weekend. I will not be
racing, at least not this season. Should I be considering a fixed three blade
prop? Is the performance in reverse worth the cost?

Skip