Thanks. I was wondering about that. There seems to be some play and I don't
know enough about them to assess it. The play seems to be at the connection
to the shaft, not where the blades hinge to the base of the prop. In other
words the whole prop will move a little on the shaft.

From: Josh Muckley [mailto:muckl...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:34 AM
To: C&C List; Burt Stratton
Subject: Re: Stus-List folding prop

I would stick with what you have.  Just remember that you have to throttle
up pretty far to get the blade to open and start moving the boat backwards.
If it is problematic for the remainder of this season you can change it out
during the next haul-out.

You should give the one you have a good inspection while the boat is on the
hard to make sure there isn't too much play.  They can be remanufactured
cheaper than new.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+