How much backstay?  How much babystay?  How tight was the outhaul and
halyards?  Speed bubble in the main?  How much heel?  How much rudder?  How
much weight on board?  Crew hiking out?  When was the bottom last cleaned?
What type of paint?  You might need to come off the wind just a few degrees
and/or let the sails breath just a bit.

At 10-15 kts you should have been able to reach hull speed...~6-7kts.  If
not then something was wrong.  You might even want to consider a #2 if you
were being blown over too much.

As you can see there is just no simple answer.  Keep racing and you'll
learn all of those minute characteristics.

Happy to discuss off list.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+