Years ago when I had A4 in first boat it would run for a while then die. An old
time sailor told me to try to put my hand on the coil. If it was too hot to
touch the coil had an internal short. This could result in a lower voltage
spark, hence your fouled plugs.

I installed the Indigo electronic ignition and coil.  Never had issues again.

Dennis C.
Touché 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

Sent from my iPhone