Danny,

Did you read Russ' post to a different topic:

Hi Gang,

I will share a fuel related A4 problem and the satisfactory resolution.

I had a condition where the A4 would quit, most often after slowing down from a
run of hours. Very annoying when it happens while entering a marina or crowded
harbour (i.e.: Prideaux Haven, Desolation Sound). No starting until cools a
bit. I went through the coil troubleshooting, no luck.

It turned out to be my BLACK fuel filter housing installed opposite the carb,
but more importantly the exhaust manifold. It seems the radiant heat from the
exhaust manifold was hot enough to vapour-lock the fuel supply when I slowed
down. I made up an aluminum foil shield (in the anchorage at Prideaux Haven)
and it fixed the fault.

After the cruising season I did a circulating acid clean but still kept the
heat shield in place.

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35-1