And just to add some contrarian experience on C&C build quality; I have had
repaired (at considerable expense) both wet core in the deck (which I knew
about from the purchase survey) and wet / rotten core in the hull (which
was not highlighted in the survey).  I would estimate the hull core
replacement to be ~8' long and from keel to waterline on a 35' boat.  There
was no puncture damage to the laminate, but there was an internal locker
that didn't (doesn't) drain and the interior skin laminate on the 35-3 is
very thin and seems to be susceptible to water penetration.

Tim
Mojito
C&C 35-3