Mother Nature is taking care of this problem for me - At my current rate of
hearing loss, I figure in a few years my engine will be just a whisper!

Bill Coleman

C&C 39

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of David via
CnC-List
Sent: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 3:01 PM
To: CNC CNC
Subject: Re: Stus-List Engine Sound Insulation - Go Without?

Curious...is all the effort worth it?

David F. Risch
1981 40-2
(401) 419-4650 (cell)

  _____

Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 11:13:12 -0700
To: muckl...@gmail.com; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
From: cnc-list@cnc-list.com

Noxudol makes a sound-deadening paint similar to Silent Running but much
cheaper.

Jim Watts
Paradigm Shift
C&C 35 Mk III
Victoria, BC

On 27 August 2014 06:50, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
wrote:

The inboard side and ceiling were uninsulated on mine and when I re-did it I
left them uninsulated.  I used a "sound down" kit from jamestown
distributing.  I cut and dry fit the foam panels and used the included mylar
tape to seal the raw edges.  The kit came with tack down pins.  They are
aluminum and have a 2"x2" backer that is supposed to be nailed or screwed in
place   I epoxied them.  The kit also came with a spray adhesive which I
sprayed after the epoxy was dry.  Push the foam over the tack pins and then
install the mounting washers and caps.  Seal all the corners with more mylar
tape.  Done.

Pictures upon request.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Aug 26, 2014 12:32 PM, "Robert Hrabinsky via CnC-List"