Hi Rick

It is not uncommon to see pre-start backing down under sail at west coast "Grande Prix" races (that is occasioning read locally as grand pricks races, sometimes for good measure :).

The primary reason around here is to ensure clearing seaweed from keel, etc. before the start. "Let's get off the best we can!"

        Cheers, Russ
        Sweet 35 mk-1