the radio amateur handbook has very useful information on splicing.  Including
'how good' you can make them.  Many libraries have it.

Leslie

On Wed, 9/3/14, Martin DeYoung via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

 Subject: Re: Stus-List dummy move and followup question
 To: "Hoyt, Mike" <mike.h...@impgroup.com>, "cnc-list@cnc-list.com"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 Date: Wednesday, September 3, 2014, 10:28 AM

 Using good quality and
 correctly installed BNC connectors should allow enough
 signal to reach the receiver.  There are some good
 tutorials on the interwebs on how to install a BNC
 connector.

 Adding a splice
 or connector to coax can degrade the signal strength but the
 better quality connectors are used all the time in other
 communication gear.  Some cables are tuned.  You might see
 this on a depth sounder.  Some cables have many conductors
 (radar) and are difficult to splice.

 I would increase the price with the added
 feature of more installation options.

 Martin
 Calypso
 1971 C&C 43