After three years my stereo is fully functional.  I replaced the old stereo
with a Sony unit after I bought the boat.  One of the 2 interior speakers
worked and the 2 cheapo West cockpit speakers worked.
After spending way too much time, I finally figured out that the speaker
wire was to corroded to carry a signal.  Initially, I replaced most of the
wire with household wire.  DON"T USE HOUSEHOLD SPEAKER WIRE.  That lasted
about a season.  I finally replaced all of the wire with marine grade wire.
 Then I discovered that the rubber around the speaker cones disintegrated.
I bought 5 1/4 inch car speakers that fit into the enclosures for the cabin
speakers, and then found out the cockpit speakers did't work.  Turns out
someone twisted and taped the connections.  New crimp connectors fixed
them.

Finally, 4 working speakers!
Now, need to upgrade the cockpit speakers.

Joel
35/3
The Office
Annapolis