On the 35-3, you would not have to affect the standing rigging to change a
sheave.  It should be possible from a bosun's chair (at the crane or on other
halyards).  I would suggest going up to check what it looks like before
gathering the right tools and planning the job.  On the 35-3, the sheaves are
rigged similar to those on the boom.  There is a stainless cover over one end
of the sheave axle.  When that is removed, you should be able to push the axle
out and remove the sheave (holding it as others suggested).  Yours may be
different, but it may not be necessary to remove the mast cap.

Tim
Mojito
35-3 Branford, CT