‎On my 26 the mast cap comes off as one unit with the main and 2 jib halyard sheaves all together. It's then quite easy to do the sheaves at the workbench.

sam :-)
From: Tim Goodyear via CnC-List
Sent: Sunday, September 21, 2014 8:08 PM
To: Bev Parslow; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Reply To: Tim Goodyear
Subject: Re: Stus-List c and c 29-2 mast cap.

On the 35-3, you would not have to affect the standing rigging to change a sheave.  It should be possible from a bosun's chair (at the crane or on other halyards).  I would suggest going up to check what it looks like before gathering the right tools and planning the job.  On the 35-3, the sheaves are rigged similar to those on the boom.  There is a stainless cover over one end of the sheave axle.  When that is removed, you should be able to push the axle out and remove the sheave (holding it as others suggested).  Yours may be different, but it may not be necessary to remove the mast cap.

Tim
Mojito
35-3 Branford, CT