All the discussion about unstepping the mast has me wondering about the merits of leaving it in or pulling it out for the winter.
In the owners manual for the CS 30 is states
CS Yachts does not recommend that the yacht be stored with the mast left in place as this places stresses on the hull and rig not encountered during normal operation. Any damage to the yacht, its cradle or any associated part will not be covered under
warranty if the boat has been stored with the rig in place.

I pulled the mast on my Mirage 24 - but we were able to do that by hand. Our club has a crane and a "gin pole"(?) that could be used to pull the mast --- but given all the bigger boats seem to leave the mast in place I wonder if I'm better leaving it as it is. Loosen up the shrouds a little and maybe pull our the halyards (leaving messenger lines). I know when I bought the boat it hadn't been off the jack stands for 3 yrs - and the mast was up the whole time (shrouds not loosened and 3 of the 4 halyards just pulled up to the mast head --- rescued by the launch crew for me)

Having just bought this boat I wonder if hauling the mast might be a good idea so I can get a good look at the mast head, sheaves etc. That said everything is working well -- is it easier to just go up the mast in a bosuns chair and do an inspection from there?

Advice appreciated,
Mark

--

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana

---
is active.