Bruno,

I urge you to consider a rebuild at a cheaper local hydraulics shop.  As
others have mentioned it would likely cost less than $100.  The same as
paying for shipping to navtec.  What do you have to lose?  Then if it works
you won't have to spend even more money to re-rig some other system.  A
working hydraulic backstay is just as reliable as a split backstay, is more
accurate, and fast and easy to use.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+