I fixed mine about 10 years ago and it has remained completely fixed, despite a few incidents of groundings. I cleaned out the joint mostly by using a wire wheel chucked in a drill. That dug a channel all the way along the length of the joint on both sides and around the leading edge.

Then re-torqued the keel bolts to spec using a long handled 3/4 inch drive torque wrench and a variety of extensions, adapters, and sockets that I collected from a number of sources. I got the now dis-continued torque wrench from Harbor Freight for around $100. The rest of the sockets and stuff was a few hundred dollars. Heavy Equipment and truck mechanics use this big stuff, so ask some of them where they buy tools besides Snap-On, which is scary expensive. I know I got some of the deep sockets from NAPA autoparts. They sell them individually, which is good, because those big deep sizes aren't cheap! My boat has 3 different sized bolts.

Following re-torque adventure, I used a brass brush dipped in un-thickened epoxy to clean and seal the exposed metal and fiberglass. Next step was to fill the channel using Epoxy thickened to the consistency of peanut butter. Then I used a sander with 80 grit paper to clean an area all the way around extending about 10" above and 12" below the joint, which I then "primed with the brass brush/un-thickened epoxy. Followed that with several layers of fiberglass cloth soaked in slightly thickened epoxy and wraped like a bandage extending about 10 inches above and below the joint. Re-faired the keel and applied many coats of interprotect 2000 to seal the surface. Reapplied the first coat of micron extra before the final coat of interprotect cured. Previously I had tried sealing the joint with various fillers including 5200, 4200, Marinetex, Thickened epoxy with fibers. I got to try many fillers because none of them lasted from launch to haul out of a single season.

Bill Bina