The first six were built by Kurt Beister, on the East Frisian Islands in
northern Germany. Most likely designed by Henry Gruber, but modified for
North American requirements by Cuthbertson and Cassian with the addition of
a CCA type yawl rig and the modification of the ballast casting to add more
lead. CN35 Hull #1, *Ca Va*, was owned by Ian Morch, who would go on to
found Belleville Marine and become the first President of C&C Yachts. Ian
just passed away about two weeks ago. Hull #6, Carousel. the first to be
built by Cliff Richardson in Ontario, but finished by Dick Kneulman at
Ontario Yachts, was owned by Perry Connolly, who, of course would soon
commission Cuthbertson and Cassian to design a 40 footer named *Red Jacket*.
Amazing to see hull #10 available. A truly historic vessel.

Rob Mazza