Just a caution for those who regularly use an autosteerer.  The Admiral and
I were using the wheelpilot (Simrad WP30) as we passed under the Dauphin
Island last weekend on our way to Pensacola.

In the middle of the bridge, the wheelpilot went bonkers and steered hard
to starboard.  Luckily I was right there and disengaged it before we hit
the fenders guarding the passage.

No idea what caused it.  Underground cables, gremlins, space aliens,
etc.?????  There was a line of overhead power cables but they were about a
tenth of a mile behind us.

All I know is new rule for the boat now.  No autosteering through a bridge.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA