Well, I was talking about at anchor, where the primary concern is making sure somebody doesn't run into your boat.

But actually at the dock I like them at the bow and stern too. It keeps people from walking into my anchor when I'm in a slip that's too short, or when the cleats are set up in the wrong place. It also keeps people from walking off the dock near my boat. I've helped fish a body from the water in a marina, and it's not fun. They aren't *that* bright, and in fact are worthless as cockpit lights except during late night rap sessions.

Wal

you wrote:
I'm at the dock. Live aboards don't like this they say too many lights.