The link below is probably the most comprehensive comparison of oil filters
I've ever found.  It is a really good article for learning what makes a
good oil filter and why Fram is widely considered junk.  After reading this
article I started cutting open my used oil filters to make sure they were
"built right".  As a result I have a lot of confidence in the build quality
of Yanmar (OEM) filters.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/engine/129-1202-oil-filter-comparison-fodder/

With the wix and fram cross referance websites you can find a lot of
manufacturer specs.  From that you can also find larger filters (diameter x
length ~ media surface area) that will fit your application.  I have found
filters for both my cars that are 25-50% larger allowing for more captured
contaminants before the bypass valve starts to open.

Josh