I dearly love my small Force 10 log style propane marine grill.  Your
opinion may differ but I haven't seen one I like better for size,
temperature control, and lack of flame out in breeze.  I cooked a nice
steak on it a few years ago in a tropical storm with 35 knot breeze.

Anyway, when I went to use it this weekend to cook Chicken Georges (recipe
below), the air mix plenum assembly was almost detached from the grill
body.  It was originally tack welded to a flange ring which was also tacked
to the grill body.  It worked but I was worried the assembly, regulator and
propane bottle was going to do a MOB thing.

This grill has been out of production for several years.  I saw one on eBay
for $250.  :(  The Force 10 marine grill entity has been taken over by
Kuuma.  They make nice grills.

Normally I would do the research and by a new grill from Magma, Kuuma,
Dickinson, etc. but I really like my old Force 10.  So I decided to try to
resurrect it.

Dis-assembly showed the rotary air/fuel valve completely gone, plugged
slots in the burner tube, propane supply orifice partially scaled, in
addition to the plenum hanging by a single small tack weld.

Well, 6 hours of restoration later, it works again.  Tack welds replaced
with self tapping pan heads, orifice in the gas supply cleaned out, slots
in the burner tube cleaned and a new inner air/fuel rotary mix valve made
from a piece of 1 inch stainless railing.

Test burn showed 475F on the thermometer on the lid.  :)  Good for a few
more years!

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA

Chicken Georges

Chicken breast marinated in Worcestershire sauce, grilled
Cooked bacon
Sliced swiss
slice of pineapple
Lettuce
Mayonnaise
Stack on hamburger bun.  Eat!

Derived from the Gorgeous George and Chicken George burgers from High
Alpine mid-mountain restaurant at Snowmass, CO.