From: "CNC boat owners, cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
To: "CNC boat owners, cnc-list" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 20, 2014 4:24:59 PM
Subject: Stus-List Draft

I just got schooled by my boat (again). The specifications for my boat show it
having a draft of 5’6”. (This is a 1974 C&C 33 ¾ tonner). I bought (used) jack
stands for her winter stay in my back yard based on that. I just had her
delivered and found out my stands are too short. I was able to recover
gracefully from that little faux pas with the help of my yard who were willing
to trade for the correct size. After the dust settled I did some measuring to
find out where I went wrong. Having just been hauled she has a well-defined
water line. I measured the actual draft and found it to be closer to 6’ 6”. Is
it possible that the keel was either extended or replaced by a PO? Do owners do
such things? It is still a fin keel but I noticed it has a different shape than
the shape shown on the C&C specifications document for the boat. The
specifications are for a custom ¾ ton but could there have been optional keels
available? I will attempt to attach a pic. There is real experience on this
list and your thoughts are valuable.

Here is a comparison of the silhouette from the specification drawing a
sailboatdata and a pic of the actual boat.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1jlbdmQzvxLanZwZUsxeE1PaE0/view?usp=sharing

Burt

On the hard in Walpole, MA