Oh yeah.

My wife and I do volunteer medical mission work up in the mountains of the DR
and we stay in the homes  of the community. Many, but not all, of them have
those shower heads as described. Standing in water with the possibility of some
120VAC current adding a bit to the experience gives one pause. But given that
they only work when the electrical service is online, which is about 25% of the
time, it’s mostly a nice cold shower…

Cheers,
Dave Godwin
1982 C&C 37 - Ronin