I am in need of the lists' collective institutional knowledge; I bought two
teleflex gauges; one for oil pressure, and the other Water temp; I need to
order the sending units;
I have a 1985 Yanmar 3HMF (1985 C&C 37); the engine has never had these gauges;
I called the tech dept for teleflex; they gave me a Sierra Part number for the
oil gauge sender; (18-5899), but
 for the water temp gauge they tell me I need to know the thread size for the
engine to know which sending unit to purchase; there are four different units;
(18-5896; TS-1/4-18; TS 3/8-18; TS 1/2-18)
I am not a mechanic and have no idea how to find this information; I do have
all of the Yanmar service manuals and parts manuals; is this information in the
manuals or how can I find this out? Many thanks

Richard
1985 C&C 37 CB;

Richard N. Bush
2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine