Harry,

Pdfs of all drawings can be obtained from the Museum Curator, Sandrena
Raymond, at (cura...@marmuseum.ca). Let's hope that the drawings will still
be available for many years to come. However, all Canadians should drop a
note to their Conservative MPs, if they want to help.

Rob

On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 7:30 PM, Harry Hallgring <hhallgr...@icloud.com>
wrote:

> Hi Rob,
> Truly a critical period in the history of the museum...wish i could write
> a huge check!  Fearing losing forever the opportunity to acquire the
> drawings for MIRAGE, i would like to initiate the process buy them.  She is
> a 1985 C&C Northeast 39 built in the Bruckman yard.  Would you be able to
> point me in the right direction to get this rolling?
>
> Harry Hallgring
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jan 19, 2015, at 7:22 PM, Robert Mazza via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim,
>
> Thanks for letting everyone know about this. As you might know, I serve on
> the Board of Trustees of the Marine Museum of the Great Lakes at Kingston,
> and I was the co-curator of the New Age of Sail exhibit at the Museum last
> year, one of the high points of which was inducting George Cuthbertson and
> Bruce Kirby into the Canadian Sailing Hall of Fame. Your attached piece by
> Mr. Granatstein is quite accurate. The Marine Museum is facing extinction
> if the Federal Government doesn't change its mind and hangs on to this
> historic piece of waterfront property, or if they don't work more closely
> with the City of Kingston to help them acquire the land. Otherwise it will
> be sold to private developers who will evict the Museum to build more
> condos.  The Museum does not have enough money to finance a relocation,
> even if a suitable location was available.
>
> Yes, please write your MPs, especially the Conservative ones. This is very
> serious stuff. The Museum holds the entire C&C Collection of drawings, as
> well as drawings from German and Milne, and many other prominent Canadian
> Naval Architects and shipbuilders.
>
> Rob Mazza
>

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2015 at 6:41 PM, Jim Watts via CnC-List <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> <
>> http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-debate/why-is-ottawa-sinking-kingstons-marine-museum/article22515252/
>> >

>> Time to write your MP's.