      From: Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
 To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
 Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:25 PM
 Subject: Stus-List Magazines

In print:
Being a technology / analytical kind of guy I'm a huge Sailing World fan and
disagree with the negative comments.  They have in depth racing technical /
tactical and rules discussions that alone are worth the price of admission.  I
concede that some of the in-depth stuff reads like a text book but if you make
the effort to wade through it, there's much to gain.    Plus it comes free if
you are a US Sailing member at one of the more reasonable levels..

I also read Sail this one's good for some project stuff, latest gear of course,
and the usual far away cruising, the disaster stories (Like that a lot), boat
test etc.  I was kind of a sucker on this on this one as my dad used to
subscribe in the 70's and I dig the nostalgia side.  As for the price I got a 2
year subscription deal somewhere online for about 9 bucks.. Couldn't pass it up

If you subscribe to Boat US their mag is not very sailing oriented but it is a
surprisingly good general boating magazine.

Online

+ One on Good old boat  /. Practical Sailor (Love the comparison tests on gear
and stuff) ..

-Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, Georgia