Hello All,

I have an '89 30 MKII.  It has what I believe to be the original fuel tank.
The tank has two access ports. They look like they may have been added, but
could be original, not sure.

Both ports are held closed with machine screws. The aft port does not leak
and I have yet to remove it.

The forward access port weeps fuel.  I removed the cover and found that it
appears to have been sealed with a black substance I'm guessing is permatex.

I'm going to empty the tank and try to clean it without opening the aft
port (as it does not leak).

The fuel looks OK and I don't see anything real nasty but there is some
black gunk at the bottom. So I'm gonna change it all and clean the tank by
hand.

Question is: how and what should I use to re-seal the access port?

Any hints would be greatly appreciated

Rob Gallagher
HANUMAN