Tim,

This sounds like a very peculiar problem.  I have had no issues with my hooks
moving.  One solution might be to weld some aluminum washers over the elongated
holes to provide more area to support the load.  A Gucci solution would be to
have some nice stainless steel tie rods that connected the mast collar to the
keel step.  Now that would look cool!

Jake

Jake Brodersen

“Midnight Mistress”