As I understand, this system is to keep the collar (and deck) from rising
due to the upward force of the halyard blocks which are attached to the
collar.  Without them the collar is free to slide up the mast.

Is there a way to pass a bolt(s) through the collar and mast to keep the
collar from rising?  I seem to recall seeing that on a boat or two.  Or
perhaps a bolt or bolts into the mast immediately above the collar?

Another option is to move the blocks to the mast from the collar.  Touche's
halyard turning blocks are all fastened to the mast.  Neither the collar
nor the deck carry any load.

Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83
Mandeville, LA