My auto windshield was replaced last year and the adhesive used was a Sika product similar to Sika 295UV, only with a faster curing time than the version we would by at a yacht shop.

I used Sika 295 UV as the adhesive on our new cabin side ports 6 years ago.....no complaints with this product. And I used the Sika 'Primer'......anyone using Sika 295 UV should use the 'Primer'.....spend the extra few boat bucks and get the Primer.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.
On 2015-02-16 1:50 PM, Jean-Francois J Rivard via CnC-List wrote:

I have not used VHB tape on portlights but I have used it on many other applications, one was securing my GoPro mount to a slalom ski.. High vibrations, water, you name it. The stuff is nothing short of phenomenal.

As for bonded port lights helping with structural integrity, auto manufacturers have been bonding windshields instead of using rubber strips for decades.. The main reason is to improve torsional rigidity.

Regards

Francois Rivard
1990 34+ "Take Five"
Lake Lanier, GA