Bradley,
I have a Autohelm 5000 and ran into similar issues. I am updating all my
instruments with Raymarine and found out I can use my existing linear drive
unit just replace the control head using the EV200 then all my instruments
will communicate. I am using the linear drive because I have a complete
spare that came with the boat. Check with Raymarine, I am having the
Autohelm work done by a certified Raymarine installer. It is a little out
my depth.

John & Marjolein
Dutch Girl 1979 C&C 36
Spring Lake, Mi