I am also planning on installing an autohelm before the next launch. My boat
(1974 C&C 33 ¾ tonner) has a tiller. I have found what I believe is an
appropriate tiller pilot from Raymarine. (EV-100). It is rated for vessels
up to just over 13,000 lbs displacement. My boat is listed at just under
10,000 lbs dry so I should be OK with this unit. It looks reasonably simple
to install. I don’t have a GPS or radar (yet) so no need to interface with
anything else.

Does anyone have experience with a tiller drive system who might be willing
to share it? I am wondering how difficult (or easy) it is to disconnect and
stow the drive unit when I feel like using my hiking stick. There isn’t much
room in my cockpit (it is configured differently than the MK I) and I don’t
want to install something that will be constantly in the way.

Burt