I agree with Edd.  Working with a local sailmaker is nearly priceless.  The
only sailloft in Solomons,  MD is Quantum.  Clark Mckinney was great at
helping me compare other companies estimates and products to optimize value
and function of the Quantum product.  Fit, test sail, and revisions were
easily facilitated by his proximity.  Having no other experience with other
saillofts I can't speak for the comparison of quality or construction
specifically but the local service made up for the $200-300 higher cost.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons,  MD