+1 to that.

Good idea, Bill.

Marek

Bill Bina via CnC-List wrote:

It occurs to me that we leave Stu in financial limbo much of the time.
Over the years, I've sporadically made donations, but maybe, like public
radio, we need to have a declared fundraiser around the same time every
year with a stated goal that must be reached before the fundraiser
stops. The goal should be high enough to cover normal expenses PLUS the
inevitable upgrades and other costs incurred.

Stu does so much work for us, that it seems only fair that he should
never have to dig in his own pocket for anything related to the website
or list. I have no idea what Stu spends every year, but maybe we can
find out, and do a gofundme.com campaign with a goal thermometer or gas
gauge every year as part of spring commissioning season.

I think having something that graphically shows fundraising progress
towards the goal is important. That would let people check to see if we
are doing enough, or if we need to push harder. Some might see the
thermometer moving too slowly and go back again with a little more cash
to keep it moving. There will always be some who don't participate, so
those that do, need to realize their donations need to be a little
higher to cover that.

Bill Bina