This is is a perfect example why I voted "LIST"......simple, timely, responsive, informative, helpful.....and there is a sense of comradeship, like being a part of a crew.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - 84
Halifax, N.S.

On 2015-03-14 1:41 PM, Paul Fountain via CnC-List wrote:
Disconnect the cable from the shift arm on the transmission and see if the arm moves freely. Also then see if the shifter at the wheel moves freely. One won't! If it's at the wheel inspect the cable for kinks, if none is suspect rust on the cable ... Time to replace. If the transmission lever is the cause, the transmission needs to be looked at.

Paul. :)