I rarely post, but do try to read most things.  Some subjects are more
important and relevant to me and some posts I just plain delete either
because I have a zillion posts in my mailbox or because I'm not interested
in subject or how the conversation has digressed from the topic.

I would much prefer a forum format.  I am part of the "Cruiser's and
Sailing Forums" and it works very well for me.  I would like to see
something like it.  This current list thing is a pain in my rumpus trying
to find the posting I want and scrolling past all the endless copied posts
that completely unnecessary.  My emaill does NOT automatically sort through
the minutia.

Sure topics do tend to digress in the same manner, but....

- they send me an email automatically each day with latest topics posted to
in a simple format with links to the post.
- can look back a very long way in various topics and read up on the
issue.  This is helpful for new folks or if you have a new problem and you
want to learn more from the past.
- pictures are nice.  I have a few things I need help identifying and no
way to post it here and don't know where to begin describing them.  A forum
could help with that.

Ugh, can't think of anything else at the moment.  I know there are more
benefits to forum.

FORUM IS MY VOTE!