A number of years ago, a friend who is a physician, and also the owner of a big
Cape Dory, gave me a bottle of Tetracycline antibiotic that was past its
expiration date and told me to mix it into my bottom paint. That’s what he said
he did for anti-slime additive, back in the days before paints with SR in the
name, when you had to pay the marina to put anti-slime additive in the paint.

Damn! My bottom was really clean between bottom paintings.

I have since been told that you can purchase antibiotics for use on horses at
many farm stores that cater to stables. I suppose it is not a good idea to tell
your local version of the EPA if you chose to do this. (And in case anyone from
the government is listening, I use Petit Ultima SR 60 on both my boats.)

Rick Brass

Washington, NC