I think any drug like " tetracycline" will kill lots of germs and bacteria but
will dissolve so fast in water, it will be gone in a few days. I wouldn't add
anything to bottom paint for fear of jeopardizing the adhesion and slow release
of it's own toxins. I've heard of people mixing in "Round Up" and I've heard
the same people complain that their paint flaked off during haulout. I ask them
if they sanded with 80 grit paper before painting as directed, and can tell by
their confused expression, they never read the directions.

I respect the guys who write the application instructions, follow those as
close as I can and I've enjoyed great success.

I understand your frustration with VC-17. I used VC-Offshore for 8 years and
got fed up with the fouling. Had to clean the bottom each week to stay ahead of
it. Used a piece of carpet and sometimes a 3M pad. Switched to a better paint,
Micron 66, and love it. Kept the boat in all winter and the fouling looked
pretty bad this May. All the boats in y marina had a fur attached to their
hulls. I was surprised how easy it came off easily with a soft deck brush, and
very little pressure. Micron 66 is designed for Salt Water and Fresh Water
requires "Micron Extra" I think. Both can be burnished, but the paint goes on
very smooth as is, and by design gets smoother as it ablates. They are multi
season hard abatives.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R