Please note, the smaller Rule-Mate Pumps I've listed (the 500, the 750 and
the 1100) are NOT the type that does a test run every few minutes.

The larger Rule-Mates, the Electromechanical Rule Mate I series, are
available in 1500 & 2000 sizes but won't fit to the bottom of the bilge in
the C&C 37/40+ & XL.

The 500, the 750 and the 1100 Rule-Mate uses a solid state water level
sensor built into the pump body so it only starts to run if 2" or more of
water are present.  Also, It won't start running if your bilge is full of
diesel instead of water, the sensor can differentiate between them.

Ken H.
S/V Salazar - C&C 37/40XL
Cape Breton Island
Nova Scotia, Canada