At the risk of starting a firestorm of comment about everyone's favorite
bottom paint, I need to ask a question. I actually hate to ask, since I
should recall the answer from the discussion a couple of weeks ago, but,
HEY, I'm getting old(er).

In a couple of weeks I will be helping a friend paint the bottom on her
new-to-her 29-2. My suggestion, based on my experience in our area, is to
use Petit Ultima SR 60. But it seems that Micron might be significantly less
expensive. And it might be more compatible over the Fiberglass Bottomkote
that seems to be on the boat now.

I recall a comment or two in the recent discussion that indicated that the
two versions of Micron had different effectiveness in brackish water vs salt
water. One worked better in salt water, the other was more effective in
brackish/freshish water. The boat is going to be stored, and mostly sailed,
in brackish to fresh water in the river that runs through town.

So which version of Micron will work better here?

Rick Brass

Imzadi  C&C 38 mk 2

la Belle Aurore C&C 25 mk1

Washington, NC