 Subject: Re: Stus-List Ed Shillay's Wiring Diagramme
 To: "'Alex Giannelia'" <a...@airsensing.com>, cnc-list@cnc-list.com
 Date: Monday, April 6, 2015, 1:31 PM

 ACR=Automatic Charge
 Relay

 For Blue Sea
 components, it is an relay that is wired between two
 batteries (or banks) and is normally open. When one of the
 banks is at a charging voltage (something over 13v, IIRC,
 which indicates that a charging source is present) and the
 other battery is partially depleted (under something like
 12.2 or 12.3, IIRC) the relay closes and lets current flow
 from the high voltage source bank to the low voltage bank.
 If the batteries are both in the 12v range, the ACR stays
 open. If one of the batteries is really low, which would
 indicate a bad battery or a short or cause high current
 flow, the ACR will not close.

 Unlike an Echo Charger, current flow is
 determined by voltage differential and not limited by the
 ACR. Also unlike an Echo Charger, the current will flow
 either way from high to low - an Echo Charger is a one way
 device.

 Rick Brass
 Washington, NC