We are looking to replace the cabin sole in our Frers 33 this season.  It is
comprised of horizontal floors and covered by 3/4 inch teak and holly.  This is
very likely the same as many C&Cs.

To date I can source 1/2 inch Teak and Holly locally but there is no stock and
no known reorder date for 3/4 inch.  The two sources in Halifax are East Coast
Specialty Hardwood who have 1/4 and 1/2 inch in stock and are out of stock on
3/4 and Halifax Specialty Hardwoods who only stock 1/4 and 1/2 inch.

This leaves me to try one of three options:

1- Source out of town 3/4 T&H and pay for the shipping of a 78 lb piece of 4x8
plywood.

2- Use 1/2 inch in place of 3/4

3- Laminate 1/4 inch on top of 1/2 inch marine plywood.

And the always available 4th option.  Procrastinate and do this next year

Does anyone have any thoughts on this or know of other suppliers near Halifax?

Regards

Mike Hoyt
1987 Frers 33
Persistence