From: PME via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:02 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Stus-List Marine AC options for LF38

Dear Listers,

I am looking to install an air conditioner unit in my LF38.   It turns out that
my boat had a unit as the output ducts and  return vent grill are still in
place.  I did not feel the need to install one on my old 29mk1, and so I have
no experience on which vendors/units are reliable.   I have search the web for
reviews, and found a smidgen of positive and negative reviews for all the top
vendors.  Below is a list of what I have narrowed down so far.   The prices are
all within a few $100 of each other, but I have little idea on the difference
in the qualities.   On the other hand, the warranties vary from 1-5 yrs

I would greatly appreciate any input or advise regarding which units to
consider or which units to avoid.

Domestic Marine Air EnviroComfort 16,000BTU
Webasto FCF 16,000BTU
MarinAire   Integra MSBA16K2 16,00BTU
Flagship Marine   FM16R 16,500BTU
Mermaid M16 16,500BTU