Robert,

I sounds like your set up is similar to what existed.   Except I have a large
duct going to the v-berth which splits in the back of a closed off area of the
hanging locker with one connection going to a small round vent in the v-birth
and the other going to a much larger rectangular vent for the main salon.  I
don’t have any duct going to the aft cabin which eventually I would like to
rectify.    My thruhull, seacock, and strainer are located under the galley
sink.    Do you have a scoop on your intake?

My quick measurements indicate that the 16,00BTU/hr units would fit, but taking
note of your setup, I will carefully measure the available space again this
weekend.

Thanks for your input.

Paul

-