Hi all, in getting ready for spring I noticed some slack in my steering cables
in the area between the quadrant and the sheaves which turn the cable up into
the helm; the play is about 1/2 to 3/4 inch; is there a norm or a standard rule
of thumb for how much, if any flex, or looseness is considered standard,
similar to the tension of an engine belt, (I'm thinking of the 1/2 inch flex
for the alternator belt, etc)?   I did tighten up the cable terminal on the
quadrant and that seemed to tighten the cable a bit, but I can only reach on of
the terminals, not both of them...: also, we got in our first sail of the
season last Sunday and there was no noticeable play or slack in the steering
wheel.   many thanks to the group for your collective wisdom!

Richard
1985 C&C 37 CB; Ohio River Mile 596;

Richard N. Bush
2950 Breckenridge Lane, Suite Nine