I would file/grind/buff down the suspected crack to see what it is. At worst the
end is defective and you are sure. I doubt taking 1/64" or less off will make a
cracked part any worse. At best after you buff it out there is no crack and the
die does not show up you should be good.

>From your original photo #3 you might try in the middle of the flat part.

Michael Brown
Windburn
C&C 30-1

Message: 10
Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 09:24:57 -0400
From: Stevan Plavsa <stevanpla...@gmail.com>
To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Re: Stus-List Rig - crack?

Rob was by yesterday, bless him for coming out at 7:00pm on short notice ..
then putting up with my rowing into the wind and chop. He's a good sport.

Did the dye test .. jury is out. He's going to Navtec with the pictures and
I should know by today. If I had more time I would replace it on principle
but I've got crane time booked on Friday with no idea when the next
opportunity might be, more than likely I'de be paying to have it done later
in the season. The lost time is more of a concern than the spent money. So,
if the rig needs fixing then I'm out for a couple of weeks at least. If not
.. then the mast goes up on Friday just in time for our long weekend! If
the best case scenario pans out I'll be making plans starting now to have
the eye dealt with in the fall, as well as one seized tie bar, otherwise
the rig is sound. I was hoping to spend boat bucks on a new cabin sole and
running rigging this year. We shall see.

Cheers,
Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto