No idea. Rigger is over an hour away. As it stands now he's asked me to
ship him the upper *and* lower so that he can ensure the new fitting fits
with the rest of the rig. 3' to 4' coils is what was recommended, which
sounds tight to me but he's the expert so I trust him. I'll be off to the
boat to collect the two pieces of rod after work today, then straight to
purolator.

This must be some kind of sign .. I think that Neptune is telling me to
move my boat to Georgian bay. I bet I can get it trucked up there by the
time that rod is ready. I'm already paid up for the season though so I
guess I'de be a fool to do it. Georgian bay is calling though. One can only
sail to the thousand islands so many times (two and three week trips both
of the past two years, time to start spending vacation time a little
differently).

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto

On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:29 AM, Josh Muckley via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Maybe I'm a fool for suggesting this but any reason you can't replace that
> rod with the mast up?
> On May 13, 2015 11:21 AM, "Stevan Plavsa via CnC-List" <
> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>
>> The word from Navtec is "replace", which doesn't surprise me. I don't see
>> that they have much incentive to tell me to sail with it as is, from both a
>> liability perspective as well as a sales perspective. Oh well, our short
>> sailing season just got shorter :(
>>
>> it's going to be about two weeks before I can get the stick up again. And
>> then I'm not sure where I'll be putting it up. We had an agreement for this
>> Friday for me and a few other boats from our small club to use one of the
>> larger club's cranes. I'm missing out on that party so it looks like I'll
>> be going to one of the sketchy port guys down on Cherry Street. I've had
>> experiences with one of those guys and it was terrible, so I guess I'll try
>> the other guy. Unless any Toronto listers have other suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Steve
>> Suhana, C&C 32
>> Toronto
>>

>> On Wed, May 13, 2015 at 11:15 AM, Michael Brown via CnC-List <
>> cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I would file/grind/buff down the suspected crack to see what it is. At
>>> worst the
>>> end is defective and you are sure. I doubt taking 1/64" or less off will
>>> make a
>>> cracked part any worse. At best after you buff it out there is no crack
>>> and the
>>> die does not show up you should be good.
>>>
>>> From your original photo #3 you might try in the middle of the flat part.
>>>
>>> Michael Brown
>>> Windburn
>>> C&C 30-1
>>>

>>> Message: 10
>>> Date: Wed, 13 May 2015 09:24:57 -0400
>>> From: Stevan Plavsa <stevanpla...@gmail.com>
>>> To: "cnc-list@cnc-list.com" <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
>>> Subject: Re: Stus-List Rig - crack?

>>> Rob was by yesterday, bless him for coming out at 7:00pm on short notice
>>> ..
>>> then putting up with my rowing into the wind and chop. He's a good
>>> sport.
>>>
>>> Did the dye test .. jury is out. He's going to Navtec with the pictures
>>> and
>>> I should know by today. If I had more time I would replace it on
>>> principle
>>> but I've got crane time booked on Friday with no idea when the next
>>> opportunity might be, more than likely I'de be paying to have it done
>>> later
>>> in the season. The lost time is more of a concern than the spent money.
>>> So,
>>> if the rig needs fixing then I'm out for a couple of weeks at least. If