Hi Martin,

I bought a 29-2 in the US in the spring of 2012.

The original prop (think it was C&C original) was a fixed 2 blade - Federal
Sailor 14RH9.

Prop walk was bad with this prop.

In the spring of 2013, I swapped the prop for a used CDI, 3 blade feathering
prop with a 13 inch diameter. This prop has an adjustable pitch and I do not
know what it is set at. The prop was purchased from another 29-2 owner and
the pitch was set up for the boat.

Performance with this prop is a huge improvement. Much more aggressive
thrust with the 3 blades in forward and reverse. The boat stops and
accelerates very quickly. Also a slight improvement in boat speed up to 6 -
6.5 knots with no issues even in strong headwinds and heavy seas.

Even with this prop, walk is still a concern.

You can manage it as others have suggested.

When backing out of my slip (requires turn to starboard) I give a very
strong burst of reverse (~5 seconds) to get the boat moving. Immediately
throttle back, shift into neutral and steer. If you lose way, another burst
of reverse may be needed.

When conditions are really bad with a strong cross wind from the port side,
I will back out of my slip to port and back down the fairway between slips
until I clear the docks and can turn.

When entering my slip, I angle in with the bow slightly to the port side. A
quick shot of reverse with very little throttle will straighten the boat in
the slip and stop it.

Hope this helps.

Fair Winds,

Bob Hickson, P. Eng.