Martin, your situation sounds exactly like mine in regards to how extreme
the prop walk is .. I can't get the bow to point to port when there's wind
on my starboard beam, the stern just goes port etc. No combination of
punching the throttle and shifting into neutral works for me when there's
about 10 knots or more of wind. My mooring points south and we have a
dominant west wind. I can't get enough way fast enough before I'm on my
neighbours mooring lines. So I just back out the way the wind wants me to
go and then do a backing turn, using the prop walk to advantage at that
point. See my other post.
I've got a 2 blade fixed as well, no idea what the specs are but getting
way on in reverse is a challenge, as is using the motor to stop the boat.
Maybe it's too small, I don't know. I've learned to deal with it... it's
fine motoring out on the water, 6 knots is no problem. No idea the RPM on
my A4 but it doesn't sound like it's over-revving. I actually appreciate
how quiet the old A4 is compared to the diesels I've heard.

Steve
Suhana, C&C 32
Toronto